Montag, 29. Juni 2009

Live Shows Part 4 //// Berlin (D) //// 30.05.09




Berlin, Berlin. It was German Football Cup and we were expecting lots of traffic jam. If there was any traffic jam, we must have missed it.

So far, so good. This time Crocke, our good mate, accompanied us for one and a half nice days in Berlin. He just returned from New York City, and two of his travel mates were kept in quarantine because they got the swine flu.  

Yes, obviously I was a bit afraid driving with him for 5 hours in a car, sleeping in a room and again driving 5 hours, especially as I found out both of his ankles were swollen and hurt with out any reason.

 But you know, no risk, no fun.

We arrived at our lovely hotel called "Hotel Fortuna" and indeed we were lucky to have such a nice place to sleep. The venue "Villa" (yep, it is an old brewery mansion indeed) was not too far so we drove there for a little soundcheck. If you ever come to Berlin and you are into street art go and visit the Villa, lots of nice graffiti from the outside. After the soundcheck we had lots of time because my performance was scheduled 04:45h in the morning. (And it even got later, of course) Lots of time to meet some of the nice people we performed with that night. Just to mention two, that are worth checking out, Boom Monk Ben who start to perform after I finished at 5:40h and Schlachthof Bronx from Munich. Check their webspace. Before the night, I was excited to see Thunderheist perform, but the club was so packed and hot, I was not able to enjoy their whole set. I got a nice chat with Chris de Luca from CLP, and when it was time for my performance I was not as exhausted as I thought I might be. 

The whole room was fogged (have a look at the pic) 

and water was running down the laptop screen. But after several tries it switched on and we were ready to rock.

It was a fun gig and a fun night, and when we left the Villa we were "blinded by the lights". (Mike Skinner gonna see you soon! Yeah!) After a bit of sleep we enjoyed our stay while having brunch at a small garden cafe in the sun. Felt like holidays. So one more time I arrived in Essen, healthy and happy. EMMA : Swine Flu - 1:0.

Here is some mix for your next 5h drive: Boom Monk Ben - Benny Boom turn that Bass up louder (mp3)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen