Montag, 13. Juli 2009

Live Shows Part 5 //// Dortmund (D) //// 20.06.09

This day, I was about to write history. 

At least a bit, 

though only 50 people might remember.

I was the first act to ever play the newly build and not even finished FZW in Dortmund. I knew the old FZW and thought it would be app. the same venue size, but I was wrong. We arrived early and I was really impressed. The ceiling was about 10 meters from the ground in the hall I was about to play, with enough space to cover 1300 people and there were two other floors and a beer garden. The whole FZW was still bare brickwork, but the soundsystem and lightning looked good to me. (have a look at this link) The backstage was very comfortable and we shared ours with Freakatronic, which always means lots of fun. The other act on the bill was Mediengruppe Telekommander, I saw them playing sever

al times already but never with a drummer, so I was looking forward to this. Soundcheck was rather short and not really promising. And it proofed to be true, when I entered stage, (on time 21.30h) I faced about five seconds reverberation. 

This made the stage sound appear as if the beats only consisted of wobbling bass sounds. And the concrete walls added a scary screaming sound that build up through most of my songs. Not really perfect condition, but I truly enjoyed it for some reason. 

And the people liked it too, at least some bought my records afterwards. But maybe just to check what my music sounds like played normally. We partied with Freakatronic and took a ride back home together. Another great night has come to its end.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen